10 Jan First Announcement 5th Latin American Congress on Biorefineries
Biorefineries are an alternative to the processing of oil and its derivatives. Their development offers new possibilities for the use of forest, agricultural and algal biomass. This in turn provides exciting opportunities to generate differentiated products with a low ecological footprint and widespread market acceptance. After years of scientific and technological research, industrial applications are becoming an attractive reality.
We are pleased to invite researchers, professionals and experts from the region and all over the world to participate in the 5th Latin American Congress on Biorefineries, which will be held on January 7, 8 and 9, 2019 in the city of Concepción, Chile.
There will be 3 days of keynote lectures, oral presentations, poster sessions and parallel activities that will highlight new processes and products. We invite you to share your knowledge and experiences in this great platform for multidisciplinary dialogue and discussion.
- Technological Development Unit, UDT, Universidad de Concepción
- Biotechnology Center, Universidad de Concepción
- Scientific and Technological Bioresource Nucleus, BIOREN, Universidad de La Frontera
Production, physical and chemical modification, characterization and applications of: :
- Carbon-based materials
- Biobased adhesives
- Macro, micro and nano cellulose fibers
- Special topic: Residential solid waste processing (Public policy, environmental impacts, mechanical and thermal processing, applications, separation methods)
Important dates :
- Submission of abstracts: January 2 – July 1, 2018
- Notification of accepted papers: September 3, 2018
- Submission of extensive papers (only for oral presentations): October 12, 2018
- Announcement of the preliminary program: October 22, 2018
- Announcement of the nal program: November 12, 2018
- Online registration: From August 3, 2018